Feature Requests item #911629, was opened at 2004-03-07 17:10
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=911629&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I'm using Gaim .075 win32

In the newest version of AIM, there is a feature to
link screen names. Basically, when you logon with one
screen name, it automatically logs you on with the
linked screen name(s), and  when any of the linked
screen names are IMed, you receive the message as if
you were logged onto that screen name as well.

I noticed this feature wasn't present in gaim, so I
(reluctantly) downloaded the latest version of AIM. I
went to the link screen names feature, which opened a
popup window where you login to the "screen name
service" and choose which screen names to link. I
linked together 2 screen names, and it worked
perfectly. When either of the screen names were IMed, I
received the message, and I was only logged in on one
of the names. I could reply as the linked screen name,
too.

I then logged out of aim, and logged on to my screen
name once again in GAIM. although this time, the second
screen name wasn't online, as in, the screen names
weren't linked.

I thought maybe you could include the linking feature
in upcoming GAIM releases, as it probably wouldn't be
to hard to include