Feature Requests item #1246287, was opened at 2005-07-27 15:39
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1246287&group_id=235

Category: yahoo

Initial Comment:
We need more options for "Pounce When".  I have been
playing with http://www.adiumx.com/ 's app and they
have their version of "Buddy Pounce" --> Events down.
They have a lot of usefull events or "Pounce when"
events that I would love to see in gaim.
They are: "message recieved (forground)", "message
revieved (background)", "message recieved (initial)",
"message sent", "contact is seen", "file transfer
begins"....

I have included a screen shot from the adium app.  The
feature that I really need is "message recieved
(background)."    With this feature, you will be able
to alert yourself when someone is trying to get ahold
of you and the chat window is minimized or in the
background. (Yes you can do that right now by "buddy
starts typing" and alerting a sound but what is bad
about this is that you then get a sound every time your
buddy types.  I also experimented with the popup
window... if your im window is in the background, the
popup immeidatly goes to the background as well.)