Feature Requests item #864360, was opened at 2003-12-22 05:49
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=864360&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It is a general problem if a user want to install Gaim:
if the package is not generated for a specific distribution,
the user needs to compile gaim from the source code.
This can be difficult (if some libraries are missing) or
impossible (conflict with old version of libraries).
A good solution would be to have a distribution which
include the gaim executable generated statically.
This will take more memory but will work on every Linux
distributions.

If you need some support to do it, let me know.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)