Feature Requests item #1434173, was opened at 2006-02-18 10:42
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1434173&group_id=235

Category: gtk-ui

Initial Comment:
The new away message chooser for gaim 2.0 is really
nice.  There are two ways I think it could be nicer,
though.

1) Because I have my buddy list at the bottom of the
screen, the chooser pops up with empty space at the top
of the area and a down scroller at the bottom.  Only
two of several away choices are visible without scrolling.

http://sccs.swarthmore.edu/~cbr/files/gaim-dropdown.jpg

2) The dropdown is convenient in the case where I want
to set the away message to something that happens
often.  But when I want to set the away message to
something new that I don't think I'll use again it
would be nice to be able to type that into the away box
and press enter.  You can currently do this, but there
are three problems:
 - It makes it be an "available" message if you were
   currently available.  If you want to keep letting
   people set available messages that way, you could
   add this functionality with an "away:" tag at the
   beginning of what you put in the box. So if someone
   puts "away: capture the flag" they get a message
   set to "capture the flag" with type "away".
 - It makes puts the new message in the popup list.
   The popup list is most useful if it contains the
   away mesasages used most often.  These messages
   are usually one time use.
 - It would be nice if there was a way for people to
   (optionally) configure exactly which and how many
   messages would be in the popup list.

Jeff