Feature Requests item #1066399, was opened at 2004-11-14 20:20
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1066399&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
It would be great if gaim-remote could do a bit more
with away messages.  Specifically, a feature that would
allow the creation of new away messages to be used,
instead of using the default, would be nice.  For
example, I could input from the command line
"gaim-remote away "This is a new away message.  Don't
talk to me.", which would then save and use the text in
between the quotes as the away message.

Perhaps this same logic could be applied to the user
info/profile section.  This way, some interesting
things could come out of scripting away messages and
profiles based on events, time, cron jobs, etc.  One
could even use fortune-mod to generate interesting results.

Doable?