Feature Requests item #410553, was opened at 2001-03-22 12:29
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=410553&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
The PROXY support is great, but to use GAIM in REALLY
large auto companies (to remain nameless... :-), they
only allow access out with authenticated proxy support
over SSL (HTTPS)....

Would LOVE to see that added...