Feature Requests item #1009042, was opened at 2004-08-13 22:24
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1009042&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I tried the privacy and block options on Linux and
Windows for both MSN and ICQ, and they seem to only put
user to the block list on the server side (i.e. MSN
network).

When you put someone on your block list, you appear
offline to them. But, they can still send messages to
you!

I tried blocking a single user, blocking everyone who
is not in my contact list (i.e. allow only users on my
buddy list), and even further I tried blocking
everyone, and in all cases, I can still receive messages...

All clients I have used so far, i.e. trillian, has
client-side blocking (the messages that blocked users
send are dropped), and in a sense that is what the word
"block" means. Would it be possible to add this feature?

Please check bug# 1003020 for more information...
Thanks!