> CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
>
> The International Research Centre for Gender and Rurality is holding a one
day
> international symposium prior to the International Sociological
Association
> Conference held in Brisbane in July, 2002.
>
> The symposium GENDER, SEXUALITY AND LANDSCAPE will be held on Saturday,
6th
> July, 2002 at the Women's College, University of Brisbane.
>
> Our aim is to develop knowledge around the intersection of gender,
sexuality
> and rurality. Consequently, we are calling for abstracts of no more than
500
> words to enable us to develop a program for the day. There will be about 8
> speakers and no concurrent sessions. The committee consisting of myself,
Dani
> Stehlik for Central Queensland University and Lesley Chenowe from
Queensland
> University will invite members to present for the day once we have read
> abstracts and developed a balanced program. Our aim is for full papers to
be
> submitted by 30th April, 2002. We will negotiate publication of papers
with a
> leading journal.
>
> If you are interested in presenting a paper please send by email an
abstract to
> Debro Thaw, Administrative Officer for the Centre -
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> ABSTRACTS MUST BE SENT NO LATER THAN 31ST AUGUST, 2001.
> PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR FULL CONTACT DETAILS ON YOUR ABSTRACT.
>
> A REMINDER: if you have not been able to send your details for our
web-page we
> would be grateful if you could do so by the end of August.
>
> We are looking forward to the symposium and the opportunity of meeting
> academics and post-graduate students with an interest in gender and
sexuality
> in the context of the rural. There will be time to launch the centre
during the
> day and for celebration.
>
> Cheers,
> Lia
>
> Dr Lia Bryant,
> Senior Lecturer,
> University of South Australia,
> Magill Campus,
> St Bernards Road,
> Magill. S.A. 5072.
> AUSTRALIA
>

> Debro Thaw
> Admin Officer
> Research Centre for Gender Studies
> Magill Campus
> Phone:  8302 4780
> Fax:    8302 4393
> http://www.unisa.edu.au/cgs

This is GainsNet, the mailing list of the UN-INSTRAW-GAINS Network Members.

To reply to the GainsNet group, click on "reply all"
To reply to an individual, click on "reply"
To unsubscribe from GainsNet, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line