On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 23:27 +0300, Nikos Kouremenos wrote:
> than fine. centralization is good for managing software such as Gajim.
> Gajim is not Mozilla nor Apache
Even with DVCS you maintain a centralized repo. It is just that merging
and branching is much easier.
IMHO it would make it easier for new people to come on board but lets
discuss this some other time.

> also on branching some features and then let the users follow that
> branch:
> I used to say and I really hope it's still that way: Gajim is for you
> grandma
My grandma won't notice when a buggy feature that she would have never
used is gone. But there are more advanced users that will notice.

We must not scare them away by simply dropping a patch that was once in
trunk. We must provide options.