Hallöchen!

Damien Thébault writes:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 21:24, Nico Gulden <cilugne...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> I vote for switching from SVN to DVCS and below I want to outline
>> why. Because Gajim is mostly implemented in Python, I guess
>> Mercurial (hg) [1] could be the best choice.
>>
>> For me DVCS has only advantages ;-)
>>
>> - Speed
>> - Complete repository
>> - Independent from online repository, therefore offline commits
>> - Easy branching for trying out new features
>> - Easy merge
>> - Simplicity
>> - Increased overall flexibility
>
> What about bazaar (bzr)?

Well, choosing between bzr and hg is a problem that is nice to have
since both work like a charm and are quite similar to the user.  You
may almost throw a dice to decide.  ;-)

For *really* large project histories (not just large trees), bzr is
too slow, however, I don't think that this is significant for Gajim.
On the other hand, a mild advantage of bzr is Launchpad, which is a
rock-solid infrastructure in my opinion.  But Gajim branches will
stay on gajim.org anyway I assume.

You see it doesn't matter really.  It can be only one though.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bron...@jabber.rwth-aachen.de