Am 27.01.2010 um 23:33 schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:

The latest Gajim in Debian Stable is 0.11.4. How old is that version?
Does it support STARTTLS? We've had reports of login problems with the
new server software at jabber.org (including disabling of port 5223).

It does, but it is horribly old and buggy - there even is a known bug in the idle queue of incoming stanzas that can lead to message losses.

Asterix, maybe we should release a 0.11.5 with my fix as Debian Stable does not want to update to newer versions? It should be easy to backport it if we just take the diff from back when I fixed it, the idle queue was pretty much the same back then to what we still have in 0.11.4.

--
Jonathan