Paul,

Sorry for the slow reply. We've been discussing this issue internally:

> For the project that I'm currently working on, I need to have a link to one
> particular workflow appear in the Tools left-hand side panel/frame for every
> user that logs in to Galaxy. They shouldn't have to import the specific
> workflow — it should automatically be listed. I know that I can create links
> in the Tools panel, but it seems that in order to access a workflow (via
> direct URL such as: '/workflow/run?id=12345') the logged in user has to
> either be the creator of the workflow or the creator has to have explicitly
> "shared" the workflow with the user.
>
> Is there a way to grant "share" permission on a workflow to all logged-in
> users, so that I can list it as a Tool link and it shows up for all users,
> current and those who may register in the future?

Published workflows should meet your needs as they are accessible to all users.
What we think should happen--but isn't yet implemented--is that published
workflows should appear below shared workflows when a user clicks Workflows -->
All Workflows. We plan to implement this in the future, but it's not a priority
right now. If you do implements something of this sort, please consider share
your code either by forking on bitbucket or sending a patch to this list; we
welcome community contributions to the galaxy source code.

Best,
J.