Yes, as referred to by Peter we solved this by having a single radio-button and
some dummy text. If you just have a single radio it doesn't show up and only
displays the text. So it basically just gives me the execute button. Snippet
attached below;
We used it for a tool that refreshes some data.
Alex

<tool id="REFRESH_DATA" name="RefreshDataSets" Version="1.0.Alx"
force_history_refresh="True">
  <description>: Data refresh Tool</description>
  <command interpreter="python">
        refreshData.py
                     $input
                     $output
  </command>
  <inputs>
     <param name="input" type="select" display="radio" size="250"
label="Dynamically Refresh the Data" />
  </inputs>
  <outputs>
     <data format="tabular" name="output" />