I have been able to add a new biomart interface to my local instance  that
points to the metazoa.ensembl.org site with very little effort. I have yet
to try vectorbase though. I don't think much would need to be done. But the
rest of the list should chime in for more definitive answers.

Cheers

Gus Dunn
UCI

--
In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would
be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might