I suppose what I meant to say was that since I was able to add the
metazoa.ensembl.org biomart by modifying the existing biomart xml, would
this not also work for VB's biomart instance?  Or would this not be what you
are looking for?

Actually, re-reading your OP, is it that you are asking for galaxy to add
this source to their public instances?

Gus

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Daniel Blankenberg <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> For information on adding Datasource tools to Galaxy, please see:
> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Internals/Data%20Sources
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21531983
>
> If your resource is using software that is already Galaxy-aware, you can
> often take an existing xml configuration
> (GALAXY_ROOT/tools/data_source/*.xml) and make a copy to modify for your
> needs. Please let us know if we can provide additional information.
>

> Thanks for using Galaxy,
>
> Dan
>

> On Sep 4, 2011, at 10:29 AM, Scott Emrich wrote:
>
> > Dear team,
> >
> > There are multiple 3rd party sources to import arthropod vector data
> (e.g. BioMart) from our NIH Bioinformatics Resource Center (BRC) VectorBase
> into Galaxy, but some are outdated and some of our users would like a direct
> source.  Given this increase of Galaxy in our vector biology community, what
> is the policy for adding a new server to "Get Data" and is there information
> on formatting our results appropriately (i.e., using a REST interface)?
> Our NIH BRC server is www.vectorbase.org.
> >
> > I noticed our sister BRC EuPathDB has made their data available via
> http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu, and we have similar developer resources to make
> our server compatible; however, I couldn't find this information online
> besides addressing this list.
> >
> > Thanks in advance, and best regards,
> >
> > - S
> >
> > ---
> >
> > Scott Emrich, PhD
> > Scientific Manager, VectorBase
> > Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
> > University of Notre Dame
> >
> >  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would
be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might
start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in
physics classrooms.
*-Stephen Jay Gould*