The database 'version' in question is our internal migration number, not the
version of your postgres install.  What has happened is that since you've last
updated galaxy, the database schema has changed, and you need to kick off the
migration scripts by running 'sh manage_db.sh upgrade' in your galaxy install
directory prior to running galaxy.

-Dannon