Hi,

We are getting ready to run a local setup of Galaxy here at bristol university
on our HPC cluster, BlueCrystal. We have got a mini test setup running fine and
now we want to install it properly on the main cluster and have the galaxy
instance run in the queue along with all the other HOC jobs that are submitted
to BlueCrystal from around the university.

The guy doing the install has just sent me this message:

When I add the following line:

database_connection = postgres://galaxy:@web1.acrc.bris.ac.uk/galaxy

universe_wsgi.ini

Galaxy fails to start with the following error message:

snip ----------------------
galaxy.model.migrate.check DEBUG 2011-09-16 15:00:47,385 psycopg2 egg
successfully loaded for postgres dialect
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File
"/gpfs/cluster/isys/galaxy/Galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/buildapp.py", line
82, in app_factory
   app = UniverseApplication( global_conf = global_conf, **kwargs )
 File "/gpfs/cluster/isys/galaxy/Galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/app.py", line
33, in __init__
   create_or_verify_database( db_url, kwargs.get( 'global_conf', {} ).get(
'__file__', None ), self.config.database_engine_options )
 File
"/gpfs/cluster/isys/galaxy/Galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/model/migrate/check.py",
 line 105, in create_or_verify_database
   % ( db_schema.version, migrate_repository.versions.latest, config_arg ) )
Exception: Your database has version '76' but this code expects version '81'.
Please backup your database and then migrate the schema by running 'sh
manage_db.sh upgrade'.

postgres on the web server is 8.4 so it should be fine. It looks like python is
reporting the wrong version number.

Any help from the developers would be much appreciated.

Do you know what the problem is he is seeing? Would he be better off emailing
you directly?

Best Wishes,
David.

__________________________________
Dr David A. Matthews

Senior Lecturer in Virology
Room E49
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine,
School of Medical Sciences
University Walk,
University of Bristol
Bristol.