Hi Greg,

So, here are my concerns:
1.  From looking through some of the source it *appears* to me that the raw
data input calls are spread across the various libraries as standard file
IO calls.  So, if I wanted to use my db underneath I'd need to
replace/catch all of these.  I was hoping that there would be fewer points
of customization required.

2.  Even solving (1), when tools are called from Galaxy like the SAM tools,
ClustalW, etc I am assuming that behind the scenes these apps are being
passed file paths.  I know that's how I've wrapped my own tools in Galaxy.
So, I would need to instantiate my data to file at that point.  That would
mean adding some more special sauce to catch whenever a file path is being
passed out to a tool and make sure the file gets created first.

My HUGE caveat is that I still haven't spent much time with the source so I
could be way off on these concerns - but this is my impression.  I'd
welcome enlightenment if I'm wrong!

Thanks,
 -J