Thanks so much, John!
Our webapp host is different than the Galaxy host. But I found a way to do it that avoids cross-side scripting via Spring MVC on the server side. So this is possible.

Best,
Oren

On 11/14/2011 12:02 PM, Duddy, John wrote:
You can put it in an iframe, and if you are serving it from the same host as
your main app, you can also inject javascript/CSS to control certain aspects,
such as styling and event propagation related to navigation.

However, this is not a trivial exercise.

John Duddy
Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Illumina, Inc.
9885 Towne Centre Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Tel: 858-736-3584
E-mail: jdu...@illumina.com

-----Original Message-----
From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Oren Livne
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 5:32 PM
To: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: [galaxy-dev] Galaxy in a frame?

Dear All,

We are trying to integrate Galaxy with our web app, and we thought of
having our web app as the main front end, and allow users to open an
HTML frame with Galaxy in it within that app. However, Galaxy makes it
impossible - it takes over the entire page when a user logs in or clicks
on most links. Is it possible to embed Galaxy in another webapp or is it
only designed as a standalone app?

Thanks so much,
Oren