Hi Timothy, if by "customize the name of the output" you mean "display a
string of my choice as the new history item display name" then yes.

Eric - thanks for reminding me to fix that old code!
:)

Post execution hooks are not needed - there's a much cleaner way - eg
given a form field "usersuppliedlabel", something like
<outputs>
    <data format="foo" name="output"  label="$usersuppliedlabel">
The label becomes the history item display name if that helps?

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Paniagua, Eric <epani...@cshl.edu> wrote:

> Hi Timothy,
>
> Check out tools/rgenetics/rgLDIndep.xml and the associated
> tools/rgenetics/rgLDIndep_code.py for an example of how to change the name
> of your output data.
>
> Best,
> Eric

Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH;
Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School;
Head, Medical Bioinformatics, BakerIDI; Tel: +61 385321444;