On Dec 1, 2011, at 8:37 AM, Glen Beane wrote:

> You aren't the only one having problem in the disk-usage reported in the
> upper right.  I've also had problems with this total disk usage in our local
> instance of Galaxy
>
> I've deleted all but a handful of files, and we have a cron job that purges
> the files from disk after a certain number of days.  I've deleted everything
> but one history, and for the last few weeks the size of that history has been
> reported as about 200GB.  I don't have any other histories, or any deleted
> but not purged datasets.  However the total disk usage shown by Galaxy is
> about 1.5TB

Hi Glen,

There's a script to recalculate if the total becomes off, see
scripts/set_user_disk_usage.py.  I've found that on the public site, the totals
are occasionally off by small amounts, meaning there must be somewhere where
data is associated with or disassociated from a user and is not accounted for.
I haven't yet found a reproducible way to make the total incorrect, so I
haven't found the bug yet.  If you happen to notice when this occurs, please
let me know.  Otherwise, it should be safe to run the usage script via cron to
update totals that become incorrect.

Thanks,
--nate