Hi,

I do not know for input but if you look at the json galaxy format (not
the XML for a specific tool, the json format use to import/export a
workflow, which describe how tools follow), you could rename a file
with the "post_job_actions" tag.

The path for this tag in JSON tree is

Then, indicates the name you want for your file with
"RenameDatasetAction(...)", where (...) is the name of the original
file, define in the "output > name" tag ({ "steps": { "Step number" :
{ "tool": { "output" ).

Good luck.

-Regards,

Remy