Hello Sarah,

Sarah Maman wrote, On 01/19/2012 10:49 AM:
> I'm talking to Open LDAP. I have changed
>
> RequestHeader set REMOTE_USER %{AUTHENTICATE_uid}e
> RequestHeader set REMOTE_USER %{AUTHENTICATE_UID}e
>
> But I always have the same message /(Access to Galaxy is denied
> Galaxy is configured to authenticate users via an external method (such as
> HTTP authentication in Apache), but a username was not provided by the
> upstream (proxy) server. This is generally due to a misconfiguration in the
> upstream server. )/

If I may suggest further reading and testing:

http://galaxy-users-list-archive.2308625.n4.nabble.com/Galaxy-Apache-External-Authentication-tt4131493.html#a4131495

This post details my configuration after I finally got galaxy to work with LDAP.
I would highly recommend trying step 3 - adding two debug lines to galaxy and
see which HTTP variables are actually transmitted from the apache server to the
galaxy process.

-gordon