Thanks guys,

To Ray, I didn't mean the way to deploy galaxy application  itself (as a
roll). I asked how people setup a submission host in where galaxy will be
install. Definitely Rocks frontend is one option.

I guess Shantanu's idea is closer to mine, deploy a galaxy appliance. I
could think of such appliance is extended from the default "Login
Appliance" (which is merely just a submission host for the users to submit
jobs etc).

I am also trying to  setup an standalone host then register it in the Rocks
SGE cluster, Shantanu which SGE distribution you used to install on your
galaxy VM (I guess it's Centos 5 host)?

Cheers,
Derrick