Hello Frank, see my inline comments.

On Feb 20, 2012, at 6:56 AM, Frank Sørensen wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but in order to find out which external
> reference files (.loc - list files etc.) we need for our newly installed
> Galaxy server, and to get an overview of which tools are in working order, I
> have tried for a couple of days now, to run the script
> "run_functional_tests.sh".

What is the exact command line that you are using to attempt to execute the
functional tests?  Are you using the following?

%sh run_functional_test.sh

> I have copied tool_conf.xml over tool_conf.xml.sample,

The functional tests use tool_conf.xml.sample, so what are the contents of that
file in your environment?

> and I've tried to run all scripts mentioned in
> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Main/Tests/Framework.

I assume by the above you mean this link:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Main/Tests%20Framework

Here is another link that provide additional information for testing:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Running%20Tests

> I have tried to stop the server and run run_functional_tests.sh and all I get
> is the message saying "Ran 0 tests in 0.000s", and an empty
> run_functional_tests.html - file.
> I haven't been able to find any documentation to clarify this matter. Can
> anyone give me a pointer please?

We'll need more information about your environment, but we'll get this figured
out.