Hi all--

Our group is running a local instance of Galaxy on a Linux box.  We have been
noticing a memory issue, where if we leave the server running for a few days,
soon all available memory (~8gb) will be used up to the point where the tools
fail because they are unable to allocate new memory.

While we haven't done any rigorous testing, this issue seems to be independent
of the specific tools we run, and actually seems to still appear if we do not
run any tools at all.  The process "python" is what is taking up all the
memory, and the issue is not instantaneous but happens over time.  Restarting
the server frees the memory immediately.

Is this a known issue?  If so, is there a known fix for it?  Any insight on
this would be much appreciated, as it is complicating our efforts to automate
long work-flows.

Thank you so much for your time

Josh Gross, Western Washington University.