I just did a test, and this works :

First login, so you get your login cookie :

curl --cookie-jar galaxy_cookie.txt --data-ascii
'email=jan.vanhaarst%40wur.nl&webapp=galaxy&password=geheim&login_button=Login'
http://dev1.ab.wurnet.nl:8086/user/login

Then use that cookie to login, and reload your tool:

curl --silent --cookie galaxy_cookie.txt --data-ascii
"tool_id=sffinfo&reload_tool_button=Reload"
http://dev1.ab.wurnet.nl:8086/admin/reload_tool | grep "donemessage"

If all went well, you get this back :

HTH,

Jan