Hi Jan

This is brilliant - it is always the simple solutions you overlook - thank you very much!

May I just add a modified version, in case you use external authentication. There is no point to create a cookie, since you need to provide userid (not the e-mail) and password each time. So a simple line using the '-u' option will do:

curl --silent --data-ascii "tool_id=my_tool&reload_tool_button=Reload" -u userid:******** http://mygalaxy.ch/admin/reload_tool

Thanks again, Hans