On Apr 5, 2012, at 8:45 AM, Daniel Blankenberg wrote:

> If you are designing a new datatype for a (set of) tool(s) and this datatype
> requires a bunch of files to be in a directory and these files are generally
> only useful when they are bundled together as a single unit (i.e. you
> wouldn't normally want any one of the files to exist as a separate history
> item), then you may want to look at composite datasets:
> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Datatypes/Composite%20Datatypes

I was looking at composite datatypes, but it seems that they require knowing
the filename in advance? While the filenames can be normalized within a
reference package, they typically aren't.

I'll take a second look at this, though.

> That works well for user-supplied data. If you just want to provide reference
> data for users, a look into the tool_data_tables would be a good start.

There will be both user-supplied and presupplied data. I'll look at this as
well.

Thanks,
~Aaron