On 05/15/2012 05:42 PM, Robert Chase wrote:
Hello All,

We have a large amount of data on our production server that we would
like to make available on our new test server. I tried to move data from
our production server to our test server by copying the meta-data files
and dataset files from ~/database/files to the new test server but it
didn't work. Is there a way to move the datasets en mass?

Hi Rob

At the risk of repeating myself - sorry: You need a copy of your MySQL database for your new test instance of galaxy to connect to.

what exactly does not work? what kind of error messages do you get?

Regards, Hans

-Rob