On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Ciara Ledero <lede...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't know that. Thanks for the reply! Now I haveĀ a new set of questions.
> First, how do I list myself as an admin? Should I just literally add my
> login detail in the config file?

Edit the universe_wsgi.ini file, add your email address to the admin_users
setting (comma separated).

> Second, my colleague would like to be able
> to edit and view the changes that he has made in his tools, even if I am
> doing some editing myself. Yesterday, he was running Galaxy and I was
> editing some tools. Since he has already started the instance, I got a
> socket error telling me that the address was already in use. Because of
> that, I was not able to see my revisions. What can we do about this? We're
> currently searching for ways on how Galaxy can handle 'multiusers'.

Anyone editing tools should run their own Galaxy instance - either on
your server in which case edit the (development instance) configuration
file universe_wsgi.ini port setting to something different, or on their
own machine in which case the default port should be free.