Just want to update on the list about this error. I had followed up with Greg
on this issue off-list as I didn't want to share all the hg output here on the
list.

The galaxy had downloaded Mercurial egg however it's directory wasn't defined
in the PYTHONPATH environment variable. However, it was included in the
sys.path which I verified by printing it in the tool migration application.
While debugging this issue, I downloaded Mercurial (egg) externally using
easy_install tool and set up PYTHONPATH to point to this external Mercurial
egg. After this the tool migration script worked fine.

So should this galaxy-mercurial egg directory and other galaxy egg directories
be included in the PYTHONPATH environment variable?

Also, I noticed that tool migration application failed again when I had default
sqlite database URL mentioned in the universe_wsgi.ini file as it is (commented
out). It works fine if the default database URL is uncommented.

{{{
$ sh ./scripts/migrate_tools/0002_tools.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/migrate_tools/migrate_tools.py", line 21, in <module>
    app = MigrateToolsApplication( sys.argv[ 1 ] )
  File "/home/shantanu/tmp/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/tool_shed/migrate/common.py",
line 81, in __init__
    object_store=self.object_store )
  File "/home/shantanu/tmp/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/model/mapping.py", line 1836,
in init
    load_egg_for_url( url )
  File "/home/shantanu/tmp/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/model/mapping.py", line 1816,
in load_egg_for_url
    dialect = guess_dialect_for_url( url )
  File "/home/shantanu/tmp/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/model/mapping.py", line 1812,
in guess_dialect_for_url
    return (url.split(':', 1))[0]
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'split'

}}}

Shantanu