Hi, Daniel,

The configuration suggested at
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Apache%20Proxy is what you
followed to set your proxy up?

That obfuscated link hash element is generated from internal database
ids to help secure against malicious users viewing specific datasets -
not something your web server configuration normally needs to know
about or do anything about. The Galaxy paste process takes care of
generating and interpreting them.

If you want to dig deeper, the external scripting api has code for
accessing datasets by generating the right hashes - see code and
minimal docs at scripts/api

--
Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH;
Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School;