Hi all,

I am looking for instructions to migrate users, configuration and data to other Galaxy machine. I have a production Galaxy, with users, histories, pages, data libraries, configured tool panel, running on a postgresdb. I want to move this information to a fresh Galaxy install (same version as production) on another machine.

Is this feasible to do without much hassle? I am thinking about a merge/sync of configuration files and dumping and creating the postgresdb,... Has anyone experience with this and a check list for this?

The idea is that the user should have no clue that Galaxy is on a new machine: all data, tools, histories, etc... are there. Thanks for your consideration.

Kind regards,
Joachim

--
Joachim Jacob, PhD

Rijvisschestraat 120, 9052 Zwijnaarde
Tel: +32 9 244.66.34
Bioinformatics Training and Services (BITS)
http://www.bits.vib.be
@bitsatvib