Hello Ciara,

Make sure to set up directories based on the information in the following
comments in universe_wsgi.ini:

# The following can be configured to allow non-admin users to upload a
directory of files.  The
# configured directory must contain sub-directories named the same as the
non-admin user's Galaxy
# login ( email ).  The non-admin user is restricted to uploading files or
sub-directories of files
# contained in their directory.
user_library_import_dir = /Users/some_directory/non_admin_/users

So, for example, using the above directory setting, assume you've added the
following 2 subdirectories in the /Users/some_directory/non_admin_/users
directory where each is a valid user's account in the local Galaxy instance.

drwxr-xr-x     3 gvk  gvk    102 May  5  2011 te...@bx.psu.edu
drwxr-xr-x     3 gvk  gvk    102 May  5  2011 te...@bx.psu.edu

Then each user will be able to upload files to a data library that are
contained in their respective directory.

Make sure the stop / restart your Galaxy server whenever you make changes to
universe_wsgi.ini.

Greg Von Kuster