Hi all,

I'd like to suggest, or request, a feature - I think that posting to
galaxy-dev is the right place to start?

After I've done an analysis, it would be useful to be given a list of
references for all the tools I used in that history, which I could use
to cite the appropriate papers.

At the moment, it seems that most tool developers add a "please cite
the following paper" note to the <help> tag in the wrapper so that it
displays on the tool screen before you run it. I'd like to suggest:
* adding a <cite> tag to the tool wrappers xml,
* adding a feature to the history UI which will list all the
references to cite for the a history.

I think this would encourage people to cite the tools they use
properly and hence encourage developers to put their tools into the
toolshed! With the standard tools moving into the toolshed it will be
really important for tool wrappers to be maintained.

Any thoughts?

Clare

--

Clare Sloggett