On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Clare Sloggett <s...@unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to suggest, or request, a feature - I think that posting to
> galaxy-dev is the right place to start?
>
> After I've done an analysis, it would be useful to be given a list of
> references for all the tools I used in that history, which I could use
> to cite the appropriate papers.
>
> At the moment, it seems that most tool developers add a "please cite
> the following paper" note to the <help> tag in the wrapper so that it
> displays on the tool screen before you run it. I'd like to suggest:
> * adding a <cite> tag to the tool wrappers xml,
> * adding a feature to the history UI which will list all the
> references to cite for the a history.
>
> I think this would encourage people to cite the tools they use
> properly and hence encourage developers to put their tools into the
> toolshed! With the standard tools moving into the toolshed it will be
> really important for tool wrappers to be maintained.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Clare

Hi Clare,

We talked about this at the end of last year, and yes, it would
be a good idea:
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2011-December/007873.html

Are you familiar enough with the area of semantic web/linked
data to know what would be the best XML based markup to
use for embedding the citations?