On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> If you install the blast_datatypes repository into your Galaxy instance
> using the tool shed installation process everything necessary is
> handled for you automatically, but I understand you are not yet
> installing from the tool shed.

Exactly.

> If you are not installing, you'll have to manually download the
> repository contents from the tool shed using the "Repository
> Actions" pop-up menu and place the contained xml.py file in
> the appropriate location so it can be loaded when you start
> your Galaxy server.  You'll then need to manually add the
> datatype entries in your datatypes_conf.xml file as they used
> to be.

Assuming by proper place you mean under the Galaxy folder
lib/galaxy/datatypes/ then that makes sense - thanks.

In this particular case there would be a name clash with xml.py,
since there is still a file of that name in the main repository
to define the XML base class etc. That isn't critical as I can
rename the ToolShed file to blast.py (or similar), which would
make sense anyway as I want to include additional formats
for BLAST databases.