On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM,  <kauerb...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Can any one please tell me what could be causing this error message when I
> try to submit a blast job to Galaxy?
>

> An error occurred running this job:BLAST Database error: No alias or index
> file found for protein database
> [/9720/genome_references/ncbi/nr-protein-db/nr-newstyle/nr] in search path
> [/9720/galaxyprod/galaxy-dist/database/job_working_directory/1454::]
> Return error code 2 from command:blast:blastx.

That means that BLAST+ didn't find the NR database files. What does
this give at the command line?

ls /9720/genome_references/ncbi/nr-protein-db/nr-newstyle/nr*

You should have a lot of files including nr.pal, nr.00.phd, ..,. nr.07.psq

Perhaps you've got the wrong BLAST database path setup in the
blastdb_p.loc file?