Hi Greg,

> We had some occasions where we'd try to install a tool from the
> toolshed, and it would hang - it appeared that the hg pull was timing
> out.
>
> Was the timeout a regular occurrence?  if so, do you know that cause, and
> were you able to get it resolved?

It was repeated, but after a few tries the install would succeed
without me really 'resolving' the issue. We haven't run into the issue
in a while and I honestly have no idea if this is due to a galaxy
upgrade or if we had a temporary run of bad luck with those particular
tools.

> The October 5, 2012 Galaxy distribution news brief includes the following
> link to information about the process for handling repository installation
> errors, specifically when the errors occur during cloning.
>
> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/InstallingRepositoriesToGalaxy#Handling_repository_installation_errors
>
> If you're running an older version of Galaxy, you'll need to update to the
> October 5 release in order to have these features.
>
> The news brief release information is:
>
> upgrade: $ hg pull -u -r b5bda7a5c345
>
> Let me know if this is not what you're looking for.

Thanks again, this is great. I think we have upgraded past that point now.

Clare

--

Clare Sloggett
Research Fellow / Bioinformatician