Hello,

Ross makes an important point: if this installation is for more than one
user, you should install a more complete database system. This page may
help with your decisions there:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/ProductionServer?action=show&redirect=Admin%2FConfig%2FPerformance

To your first question "Is all the data in
datacache.g2.bx.psu.edu/indexes needed?",
I would say you should only need the data specific to the subject of your
analyses and the tools you plan to use.

To your second question "can all of these needed data be downloaded (via
rsync)?" - perhaps you can clarify, please? We don't have any restriction
on the amount you rsync from there and you're free to download all the
data. If a problem or topic isn't covered in that wiki page, this mailing
list is a good place to ask questions related to data set up.

Thanks,
Carl

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Ross <ross.laza...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Data%20Integration successfully.
>> Third ,install the needed data and configure the .loc files from the
>> following help of wiki page
>> http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/NGS%20Local%20Setup.
>> Finally ,our installation of local galaxy overs and it works in the
>> mass.Is it right ?
>>
>> And I also have some confusions:
>> First ,How large the total needed data is ?Is all the data in
>> datacache.g2.bx.psu.edu/indexes needed ?
>> Second, can all of these needed data be downloaded (via rsync) by the
>> help of http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Data%20Integration?
>> These are the most important questions I concerned about now.I am so
>> thankful for some of you advice.
>>

>> Thank you very much.
>>

>>  ------------------------------
>>  shenwiyn
>>
>>  *From:* Carl Eberhard <carlfeberh...@gmail.com>
>> *Date:* 2013-02-23 02:42
>> *To:* shenwiyn <shenw...@foxmail.com>
>> *CC:* galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
>> *Subject:* Re: [galaxy-dev] all the data files in .loc files needed to
>> download ?
>>  Hello shenwiyn,
>>
>> You may want to have a look at
>> http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Data%20Integration which provides
>> more information specific to the indeces/data you'll need and how to
>> install.
>>
>> Along with data management, that page has instructions on how to download
>> (via rsync) the same data we use on our main server. It may be a good
>> starting point.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carl
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM, shenwiyn <shenw...@foxmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> **
>>> Hi Carl Eberhard,
>>> Thank you very much for you help.I have another some questions :
>>> First,
>>> we need to install the needed data,for example sam_fa_indices.loc file
>>> of SAM Tools :
>>> index   AaegL1  /afs/bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/AaegL1/sam_index/
>>> AaegL1.fa
>>> index   AgamP3  /afs/bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/AgamP3/sam_index/
>>> AgamP3.fa
>>> index   ailMel1 /afs/bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/ailMel1/sam_index/
>>> ailMel1.fa
>>> index   anoCar2 /afs/bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/anoCar2/sam_index/
>>> anoCar2.fa
>>> index   apiMel2 /afs/bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/apiMel2/sam_index/
>>> apiMel2.fa
>>> index   apiMel3 /afs/bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/apiMel3/sam_index/
>>> apiMel3.fa
>>> index   aplCal1 /afs/bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/aplCal1/sam_index/
>>> aplCal1.fa
>>> so we need to download AaegL1.fa,AgamP3.fa,ailMel1.fa,anoCar2.fa,apiMel2
>>> .fa,apiMel3.fa,and so on ,then install all of this needed datas to /afs/
>>> bx.psu.edu/depot/data/genome/aplCal1/sam_index/,is it right?
>>> Second,
>>> from the needed datas mentioned in the .loc files in