From: Carl Eberhard
Date: 2013-02-27 22:28
To: Ross
CC: shenwiyn; galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] all the data files in .loc files needed to download ?
Hello,

Ross makes an important point: if this installation is for more than one user,
you should install a more complete database system. This page may help with
your decisions there:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/ProductionServer?action=show&redirect=Admin%2FConfig%2FPerformance

To your first question "Is all the data in datacache.g2.bx.psu.edu/indexes
needed?", I would say you should only need the data specific to the subject of
your analyses and the tools you plan to use.

To your second question "can all of these needed data be downloaded (via
rsync)?" - perhaps you can clarify, please? We don't have any restriction on
the amount you rsync from there and you're free to download all the data. If a
problem or topic isn't covered in that wiki page, this mailing list is a good
place to ask questions related to data set up.

Thanks,
Carl