Greg,

I think you can do this with dynamic job runners.

http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2012-June/010080.html

Step 1) Set:

default_cluster_job_runner = dynamic:///python/default_runner

Step 2) Create the file `lib/galaxy/jobs/rules/200_runners.py`, with
contents something like this:

def default_runner(user_email):
     username = user_email.split("@")[0]
     return "drmaa://-V -pe batch 8 -A %s/" % username

and you should be good to go.

-John