A new next-stable branch on Galaxy central is currently scheduled for tomorrow
( 3/18/13 ) in preparation for the next Galaxy dist release currently scheduled
for 4/1/13..  This means that the main tool shed will be updated tomorrow to
this next-stable branch.

This branch includes a new tool shed test framework component that will
discover all tool shed repositories  that contain tools.  It will inspect these
repositories for tests defined for each contained tool, and test data files for
the tools that must be contained in a test-data directory within the
repository.  For those repositories that meet this criteria, the test framework
will install the repository into a Galaxy instance and run the functional test
defined for each tool.  Information about the results of these tests are
uploaded to the repository for users to see and review.

Repositories that contain tools that do not have functional tests defined or
that are missing test data files in the required test-data directory will be
updated with information about the invalid functional tests.

This new test framework will be executed against the main Galaxy tool shed on a
regular schedule by cron.

This release includes other features that will filter out invalid or unwanted
repositories in the tool shed as well.

These and other features will be discussed during the next IUC teleconference
and will be documented in the tool shed wiki before the next Galaxy release
currently scheduled for 4/1/13.

Greg Von Kuster