I have the following job_conf.xml file setup for our cluster:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=0uNhcVJk

When running jobs from my admin account via Galaxy it runs under the same
user as galaxy is, for testing, this as root. I need for it to run under
the real user.

The email address / galaxy account I am using to test with does match with
a user on the cluster -- u...@example.com where user is a valid user
account with correct permissions to run jobs on our cluster and queue.

I followed the information here:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster#Submitting_Jobs_as_the_Real_User

Any ideas as to why galaxy_external* is not being called? The paster.log
file does not show anything useful regarding calling external scripts.

--
Adam Brenner
Computer Science, Undergraduate Student

Research Computing Support