Hey everyone,

I'm having a weird login problem (think it's cookie related) after setting up
Galaxy on a virtual machine and trying to proxy_pass to it using nginx. It says
I'm logged in, but when I get redirected to the front page I'm no longer logged
in. When I visit subsequent pages I'm also not logged in.

On the server, here is the relevant part of my nginx configuration (I'm going
to setup static serving after I get the login issue resolved):

upstream galaxy_app {
  server 192.168.1.11:8080;
}

server {
  location /galaxy {
    proxy_pass http://galaxy_app;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
  }

}

The dots just mean that I have other things in there for the forwarding I do
with other VMs.

On the VM, in my universe_wsgi.ini file, I have made sure to set the following
(just showing the parts I think are relevant):

[server:main]
port = 8080
host = 0.0.0.0

[filter:proxy-prefix]
use = egg:PasteDeploy#prefix
prefix = /galaxy

[app:main]
filter-with = proxy-prefix
cookie_path = /galaxy

I should note that I might end up changing this configuration to use a CNAME at
some point (thus avoiding the prefix issue), but for now I'm totally lost as to
why I'm not able to login using my current configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Michael E. Cotterell

Ph.D. Student in Computer Science, University of Georgia
Instructor of Record, Graduate RA & TA, University of Georgia
mepcotter...@gmail.com (mailto:mepcotter...@gmail.com)
mepc...@uga.edu (mailto:mepc...@uga.edu)
m...@cs.uga.edu (mailto:m...@cs.uga.edu)
http://michaelcotterell.com/