Hi Saket
If you want to redirect the executable's stdout to a new Galaxy dataset
you've defined as $output, something like:
> '$output'
is a workable idiom for a command line AFAIK - you need to escape the
redirection '>' character or you'll confuse the xml parser.
It's often possible to hack a complex command line (or use configfile to
write a script!) but as Peter says, it all boils down to personal
preference - they all work.
Use whatever you find most convenient but remember you may need to maintain
it :)