On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I made this work for images defined in tool help sections - see
> http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/ToolShedToolFeatures#Properly_defining_the_location_of_images_in_tool_configuration_files
>
> It shouldn't be too difficult to enhace the repository readme display feature
> to use the same approach.  Ive created the following Trello card fvor this
> request.
>
> https://trello.com/c/nTArHl8J/1064-toolshed-handle-image-display-in-repository-readme-files
>
> Thanks!
>
> Greg Von Kuster

Thanks Greg,

That looks reasonable although for README files it would
be slightly more useful if rather than handling this via an
explicit $PATH_TO_IMAGES entry in the image URL,
relative image URLs could be detected automatically.

I appreciate that would be much more complex/fragile,
but it would allow the README.rst file to be rendered
with images outside of the Tool Shed, e.g. on BitBucket
or GitHub, e.g.

https://github.com/peterjc/picobio/blob/769e4a77194587207f50707939db42b9f04b36f1/galaxy_workflows/rxlr_venn_workflow/README.rst

For now it seems to be working OK on both using a full
https link to the GitHub hosted image,

https://github.com/peterjc/picobio/blob/05e741c51095e362ffeeb184ec2c1bbf6ea45f74/galaxy_workflows/rxlr_venn_workflow/README.rst

http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/rxlr_venn_workflow/a24a1614ef11

However, this is not encouraged by GitHub:
https://help.github.com/articles/relative-links-in-readmes