On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Dave Bouvier <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> The following wiki page should provide additional information on the testing
> environments:
>
> http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/AutomatedToolTests#Automated_testing_framework_processes
>
> I should point out that I have not yet finished decoupling the revisions of
> Galaxy and the installation and testing scripts, but I hope to have that
> done today.
>
>    --Dave B.

Quoting the current wiki page contents,

>> Main Tool Shed
>>
>> The main Tool Shed tracks the latest stable release of the Galaxy codebase,
>> and the installation and testing framework instantiates a Galaxy instance
>> running the same revision, into which repositories are installed from the
>> main Tool Shed. The testing framework itself runs the latest revision of the
>> galaxy-central repository in bitbucket.

That last sentence seems wrong (and to contradict the previous one).
I expect the whole thing should be running the Galaxy stable release in
order to be a fair test of what will happen when a tool from the Main Tool
Shed is installed into a local Galaxy Instance running the stable release.

Is this what you mean by you have not yet finished decoupling the revisions
of Galaxy and the installation and testing scripts?