If the tool produces a trailing semi-colon (and without Nicola's patch
the bowtie 2 tool definitely could), then I bet build_command_line()
is going to be what is adding the second semi-colon. It has not check
that there isn't a semi-colon at the end of the command before adding
one and extending the command. It might not be the only culprit, but
it is likely one.

-John